Sunday, November 10, 2013

10/18/2013: Completed Assignment One

10/18/2013

Well, I completed assignment one today and sent it off to Greg to review before our scheduled Monday morning call.  That is if he has time.  It was quite an exercise and made me really think of what I want and why.  Also made me focus on what success would really be to me.  My "Perfect Day" was a great imaginary exercise.  I kept playing and replaying the scenario of what my "perfect day" would look and feel like.  It was actually quite a powerful and motivating exercise.  I am confident that some day I will live that "perfect day".

=================================================================================

Assignment One


What I want?

  • First and foremost I want my wife Diane to be able to quit her job, then when I am able I would like to quit my job
  • I want us to escape from the stress of the corporate world and inconsiderate and uncaring management
  • I want us to escape from the constant fear of being laid-off from jobs we hate, but sadly need
  • I want us to escape from the financial stress. I have felt my whole life.   I no longer want to live "week to week" where the paycheck barely and sometimes doesn’t cover the bills
  • I want Time Freedom – for family, fun, health, creativity, personal growth and some excitement
  • I want Financial freedom
  • I want to feel successful
  • I want a sense of pride and accomplishment
  • I want to feel important
  • I want a certain level of "fame"

Why I want it?

  • I need a break from the day to day stress
  • I want to feel some self-fulfillment in my work
  • I want to be in control of my own destiny, not be at the mercy of corporate upper management
  • I want my wife to be proud of me and my accomplishments
-        Diane’s 1st husband has his own company, she was used to having everything she wanted
-        I want to be more successful than he is and want Diane to want for nothing
  • I want to make my children proud of me
  • I want to make my father and sister’s proud of me
  • I want to be proud of myself and my accomplishments
  • I want to help my kids start out on a better financial footing and teach them the right mentality with regards to money and success
  • I want to help my extended family
  • I want to travel and see the world
  • I want to have fun
  • I want to focus on creativity
  • I want to help other people through philanthropy
  • I want to leave behind a legacy

Goals:
 Initial Goals:
    • Learn Forex trading and success mentality from Greg 
    • Replace my salary and quit my job
      • This relieves both the stress of my job and helps with the financial stress
      • Begins to give me a sense of self-fulfillment, control and pride
       
Mid-range Goals: 
    • Quit our jobs
    • Become debt free
    • Begin helping my extended family
    • Begin to mentor my children and groom them for successful lives 
    • Begin helping charities

        Long-term Big Goals: 
    • Become a published author
    • Meet and learn from some additional successful people: Sir Richard Branson, Tony Robbins, Donald Trump, etc.
    • Speak at a large conference about the "Making of a Millionaire" journey
    • Travel while I trade for a living
    • Help my extended family eliminate their debt
    • Help charities on a much larger level
    • Explore other areas of creativity: (writing children's books, music, film, art) 
    • Buys some "toys"
      • Porsche Boxter
      • Can Am Spider
      • Vacation Home 

“Exciting orgasmic” Goals: 
    • Work with people like Richard Branson and Anthony Robbins
    • Become a sought after motivation speaker and author
    • Own a Beach house w/ infinity pool
    • Make significant charitable contributions to worthy causes (Wing at St. Jude's Children's Hospital)
    • Mentor others
    • Leave behind some kind of legacy (foundation, books, through touching other's lives)

=================================================================================
Greg said to identify what I want in detail.  What reaching my goals would feel like, taste like, smell like.  So, I decided the best way to describe what true success to me would be like, would be to describe my "perfect day".  So, the following is a description of my "perfect day"...

 


A "Perfect Day" 
      I wake up in our beach house, to the smell of fresh coffee brewing.  I can hear the sounds of the Caribbean ocean through the open window in the bedroom. I get dressed and head down to have breakfast with my wife.  She greets me with a smile and a kiss.  We sit down to a leisurely breakfast, reading the paper and chatting about our plans for the day.  
     After we are done with breakfast, we head up to shower and get ready for another great day.  After I am dressed and ready, I grab my laptop and head outside to sit poolside by our infinite edge pool overlooking the beautiful turquoise blue waters of the Caribbean.  I check my email, news, my active trades and determine what trades I should close/open for the day. After 30 minutes or so spent checking my trades, my wife and I head to the beach for a couple of hours.  
     We take a nice walk on the beach, just soaking up the sun and enjoying the beauty and relaxation of it all. Walking barefoot at the edge of the cool water as the small waves hit the shore.  Having the time to stop and pick up an interesting sea shell and inspect it, rather than just rush by  We chat with friends and the new people we meet on the beach.  We sit down on blanket on the sand and watch all the different people come and go, as well as the colorful sails of the boats darting across the water.  I can feel the warm sand between my toes and the cool ocean breeze feels so good.
      We then come back home to a nice light lunch served poolside by our personal chef.  Diane enjoys expanding her culinary skills as the chef teaches as he cooks.  As we eat, we talk about our plans for the following week when we will have family to the beach house for a visit.  We talk about meal plans and what we can do for entertainment, We discuss chartering a boat for a nice little Caribbean cruise, to surprise my father, because my father loves boats so.  We are excited and look forward to their visit.
     After lunch I head back to the pool.  My first task is to call St. Judes' Children's Hospital to see how the new wing is coming along.  The Pat McManus Children's Joy Wing.  A wonderful wing build just for kids to smile, laugh and have fun.  The wing is being dedicated in the name of my mother.  She lost her life to cancer and always supported St. Judes', even when she herself struggled financially.  I know my mother is smiling down upon me.  It feels good to know it will bring joy to so many and I look forward to the opening and seeing all the smiles on the kid's faces.  
     I take time to check on my trades and catch up on financial and other news. Then I am off to work out at a nice health club for an hour or so. It feels good to have the free time to get back in shape again.  I am in the best shape of my life.  I contribute it to the new stress-free lifestyle and the opportunity to focus some time on my health and well being.  I come home and finish my workout with a nice swim in our awesome pool.  I love how the infinite edge pool seems to spill right into the ocean. This house and this pool were two of my biggest goals and I enjoy it fully.  After my swim, I shower and get dressed.  
     My wife and I jump into my white Porsche Boxter to head into town for a bit of shopping and people watching.   I love the throaty growl of the engine as we head down the road.  We take our time as we shop.  I am happy to see Diane pick out some nice clothes and shoes and not even look at the price tag or worry about having to afford it.  It feels good to know that she and my kids want for nothing.  After some shopping we stop for a nice glass of wine and some conversation at a small cafe.
     When we arrive back home, my wife heads off to put her treasures away.  I take time to call my kids.  I am so pleased to hear they are all doing well.  Ryan is now trading like his father and does quite well.  Colin has set-up his own chiropractic business.  Shannon is opening her own hair salon. It feels goood to know I was able to help them all get started on happy careers.  And I love to see that little bit of entrepreneur in each of them.  I tell them each I love them and miss them and the grandkids and how I look forward to their upcoming visit.
     I spend the rest of the afternoon preparing for my upcoming speaking engagement at the National Achievers Congress, where I will be sharing the stage with Greg Secker, Richard Branson and Anthony Robbins. I will be speaking on mentoring and the importance of persistence in reaching your goals.  Bill McManus presents "Never Ever Give Up".  It is the title for my new book.  I am hoping it does as well as "The Making of a Millionaire".
     After a bit of work time, I decide to take a little "me time".  So, I jump on my green CanAm Spyder for a ride down by the ocean.  The wind feels great against my skin as I speed down the small road down running along side the shore.  The sun on my face, the roar of the engine and the total feeling of freedom envelope me.  I smile like I am the happiest man on earth.  Maybe I am, I am truly blessed. 
    The evening plans include a show at a local comedy club followed by a nice steak dinner at our favorite restaurant.  The captain of the restaurant greets us happily and seats us at our regular table.  The best table in the house.  The filet and fine champagne taste as good as ever.  
     We end the evening by having another glass of champagne out by the pool, listening to the sounds of the ocean.  We talk about how much our lives have changed over the last 10 years since I started my journey with Greg Secker.  I tell Diane how I plan to start mentoring a struggling entrepreneur who contacted me after reading my story.  It is time to start paying back for my good fortune.  She smiles in agreement.  Life is good...

================================================================


Be sure to check out and subscribe to the Making of a Millionaire You Tube Channel:  https://www.youtube.com/user/MakingMillionaire

Please feel free to leave any comments and/or questions and I will ensure they are read.


Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your views, suggestions, questions and comments on the Making of a Millionaire Project. I want to make this blog as valuable as possible.

Thank you!

Bill McManus