Sunday, November 10, 2013

10/09/2013: The Journey Begins!

10/09/2013

 
My Mentor, Greg Secker


 I am beyond excited! I just got off my SKYPE call with Mr. Secker. It went far better than I could have expected. He agreed to take the book project on with me. I can’t tell you the last time I felt this kind of excitement. He started out by telling me he was just in South   Africa and while working with Richard Branson’s team there, he was discussing writing a new book. The timing for my book proposal couldn’t have been better. I am not only filled with excitement, but I now have so much hope for the future.
   Our call lasted a good 45 minutes. He told me to get a digital recorder so I can record our future calls as he will be dumping a lot of information on me. I will get one right away. He gave me an assignment to complete before our next call. He said in order for this project to succeed, we have to identify the WHY for the true why, behind the project. He said I need to be honest and not give the politically correct reasons, but the true WHY.
 My first tasks are:
1)     Define the real “what and why” behind this project. What am I really searching for? What is achievement look like, taste like, feel like. Why do I really want it. No BS, the REAL reasons. Greg said to go sit in a room alone and really think about it.
2)     Monetize it. What will it take to get there? How much per month/year?
3)     Define your goals:
  • Initial Goal
  • Big Goal
  • “Extreme Orgasmic” Dream?
Greg referenced Maslow's hierarchy of needs
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maslow's_hierarchy_of_needs

================================================================

Be sure to check out and subscribe to the Making of a Millionaire You Tube Channel:  https://www.youtube.com/user/MakingMillionaire

Please feel free to leave any comments and/or questions and I will ensure they are read.

Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your views, suggestions, questions and comments on the Making of a Millionaire Project. I want to make this blog as valuable as possible.

Thank you!

Bill McManus