Thursday, December 19, 2013

12/11/2013: First Forex Trading Class

Today I had my first Forex Training.  There were about 25 people in the class.  Lee welcomed everyone to the class and gave us  some background information on the course and himself.  A real positive and dynamic guy.  He then introduced Mark, who was the main instructor for the course.  

Mark is a former student and went on to become an instructor with Learn To Trade UK.  He seemed very knowledgeable and was quite a good teacher.  This was a gy who started out with a 500 pound account and now trades a 2.4 Million Pound account for he and his family.  That shows the potential of this information.

The morning was spent going over some of the basics, of which I was already familiar.  But it was a good review.  We reviewed things like: price action, exchange rates, cyclicity, support and resistance and Moving Averages.  We then broke for lunch.

After lunch we got into an important section entitles Emotional Mastery.  Learning to stay in control of your emotions while training.  Not letting fear or greed get in the way of your training.  The importance of sticking to your trading plane no matter what happens.  I know this is key and will be one area I have to focus on.  I used to let too much emotion get me in and out of trades.

After an afternoon break we went over the impacts of news on Forex trading.  What news items to look out for and when to trade or not trade based on news.  Then we started getting into some of their different trading strategies.

Class ended at around 6PM.  I headed back to the hotel and grabbed some dinner and reviewed my notes.  I ended the evening with a SKYPE call to my wife and kids.  I am now off to bed so I can be fresh and ready for tomorrow's class.

Here's to your success!

Bill McManus

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your views, suggestions, questions and comments on the Making of a Millionaire Project. I want to make this blog as valuable as possible.

Thank you!

Bill McManus