Wednesday, June 11, 2014

06/11/2014: My Business Proposal To Be Tested (Part 1 - "The Idea")

     I mentioned in an earlier post that I am working on a test parallel project with Greg based on a proposal I had presented to him.  So, I am going to share a bit about that.

     During one of my earlier sessions with Greg (March 21st) we were discussing a string of losses I incurred on my trading account.  He had asked what was going on in my life.  Well, I was struggling with a few issues, but one of the main ones was the constant and ever-growing stress in my job.  And at the same time, how I did not know if I would even have a job after the end of this year.  He said that I am too distracted with the other issues and it is affecting my judgment with regards to trading.  That is totally understandable.  

      Greg said, “You have got to get out of there mate!”  Then he gave me an assignment.  He told me to look at what skills I have and see what other jobs might be out there for me.  Well, I told him that my skills are pretty much limited to a small niche in the computer field and the job prospects were slim to none in this area.  Also, I would just be jumping from one stressful job I hate, to another.  I told him I needed a total change and that was one of the main drivers behind the Making of a Millionaire project.  To become self-sufficient and break away from the corporate world.  He told me to write down my skills and then any potential jobs where there might be a fit.  Then he asked if coming to the UK was an option.  I told him no, because my kids and my family are here.  So, I would need to find something I can do locally, or virtually.  I told him I would work on the assignment and he said we will discuss in our next session.

     Later that day and into the next, I started writing down my strengths: my analytical  skills, team and project lead skills and what I consider most important, my creativity.  Then I tried to think of a job or company locally or virtually where I could apply those skills and be happy at the same time.  I thought and thought and I was totally coming up empty.  Then a light went on.  What about working with Greg and his company?  I love working on this project with Greg.  All the people in his company were just awesome.  What if I could find a niche in his company and work directly with him?  Something that would help his business and offer my possible employment.

   So, then the gears started turning.  It would have to be something I could do remotely and preferably during standard working hours here.  I first thought I could possibly do work in social marketing.  They have a social media presence, but maybe I could improve it.  I started to look into what way I could help out there.  I began looking at their Facebook pages, Twitter accounts etc.  Then I went to their website. While checking out their training pages it hit me.  They currently offer Forex training in the UK, Australia and South Africa.  And they are very successful at it.  But what about the rest of the world?  At this point I realized I may have found a niche.  What if Knowledge to Action started offering their training virtually?  BINGO!  That’s it!  That could be my niche.  To help set-up and then help run a “virtual division” of Knowledge to Action.  If  they could train 200K people in 10 years from 3 locations, imagine how many they could train from around the globe?  I decided I was going to write up a proposal for Greg on this virtual concept.  I sent a message to Greg on Facebook and told him I had an idea that was going to “blow his socks off”.  He immediately replied and said “C’mon don’t leave me hanging”  But I told him I wanted to present it logically and I would have a proposal for our next call.  I was so excited that night, that I didn’t sleep a wink.

((Part 2, "The Research" Next))

"Here's to your success..."

Bill McManus

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your views, suggestions, questions and comments on the Making of a Millionaire Project. I want to make this blog as valuable as possible.

Thank you!

Bill McManus