Wednesday, June 11, 2014

06/10/2014: Helping Others Not Only Impacts Their Lives, But Your Own As Well :-)

     Greg Secker has been nice enough to take this project on and act as my mentor.  Not only does Greg spend his valuable time helping me, but Greg does a great deal to help people and charities on a regular basis.  On my trip to the Uk, we discussed my desire to help others.  He said, "Why wait?  Why not start right now?  Find a way to make a difference and just do it!"  Well, I did just that.
     As I mentioned in an earlier blog post, I have been mentoring two children through the icouldbe organization.  I spend an hour or so a week mentoring these under-privileged children.  The mentoring revolves around their education, but also includes mentoring in all life skills needed to be successful.  I pass on what knowledge I have from my life's journey as well as the wisdom I have gained from Greg.  I have really enjoyed my time.  One of the two kids I am mentoring is from Jamaica.  As the school year just ended, I just received the following email from him.

"i would just like to thank you for all the help and mentoring you gave me this year. I really enjoyed everything. You taught me a lot, gave me very useful advice and helped me discover a new side of myself. We had a good time this year and i just wanted you to know that your help was very much appreciated."

     That email just made my day.  It makes me feel good knowing that I have given back and made a positive impact on someone else's life.  I will continue to mentor through the icouldbe organization and hope to branch out and help children and others in different ways as I progress through this project and through my life.  I encourage everyone to make a difference by taking a little bit of time out of your life each week to make a positive influence on someone's life.  Believe me, it makes you feel good.

"Here's to your success..."

Bill McManus

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your views, suggestions, questions and comments on the Making of a Millionaire Project. I want to make this blog as valuable as possible.

Thank you!

Bill McManus